My dear love... Spain ❣ 🏝

With all my heart I would like to devote this post to my recent trip to Spain. As I've already mentioned in the previous post, Spain is something special for me and I will never stop admiring it. I was also there last year, but this year I felt and discovered my true love for this country. I have spent there 3 months and I can say that it was the best time in my life. I am not sure if one post will be enough to describe and express my gratitude for the opportunity to be there and to experience these priceless moments. But let me try...

I'll start from the beginning. So I went to Spain to do internship, I didn't need it to finish my studies, because I already had them, but it was the last chance to use the Erasmus program. My friend and I had a few cities to choose from the coast of Costa Brava. Last year we decided on Calella, this time it was Platja d'Aro. And it was the best decision we could make. This city is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen with my own eyes and after my stay there it has a special importance to me.


The city is located in the northeast of Spain and thus with access to the Mediterranean. Together with my friend we lived in an apartment that was only 300 meters from the beach, so we spent almost every free moment catching the rays of the sun. Our place of residence was also close to the hotel where we were employed, because to get there we had only 5 minutes on foot. We both thought that we would be working in the same positions, unfortunately after the first day it turned out that my friend would be a waitress at the restaurant, and I would serve customers at the bar. It was my first time when I was a barista, but I liked it so much and I would like to repeat it again someday. Generally the bar work was great, serving on the terrace overlooking the beautiful sea was one of the most pleasant things.



Every week we devoted days off from work to traveling, visiting places far away from us, but also spending time in our city, trying local products and observing local people. I have to admit that we as a Polish people still have a lot to learn. And above all, we have to teach ourselves how to be more smiling and how to enjoy life just like the Spanish do. Cities at any time, whether it was morning or evening were full of people, pubs and bars were filled to the brim, and optimism gushing from the inhabitants was contagious. Even being in a bad mood didn't last long because others were able to make you smile and it was amazing. 

I also met many wonderful people there, with whom parting was one of the most difficult moments in my life. They were from various parts of the world, from Italy, Serbia, Cuba and even from El Salvador and they became part of this whole adventure. At the beginning it was hard because nobody knew each other, but after a while it turned out that most of us had common topics for conversation and each time it began to seem like we had known each other for several years! Joint outings allowed us to discover and learn more about ourselves and a foreign language was no obstacle for us. What's more, it sometimes gave us a lot of joy and laugh when we combined English with Spanish, Spanish with Italian, or when we were learning some words in a language unknown to us. Until the end of my life I will remember warm evenings spent together in the terrace of our apartment and long, sleepless nights on the beach under the open sky. These moments are priceless and constantly stuck in my head because they are like from a movie or a dream that seems to be unreal. And I strongly believe that someday in the future we will all have the opportunity to meet, because by saying goodbye we promised it each other...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#stayathome 🏑

Living with cats 🐱

45 RPM! 🎸