A day without music is a day wasted ♫♪

Music, music, music... What would our life be like without her? For me personally, it is of great importance. I can't imagine a day without listening to my favorite songs and artists. Music is present in every possible moment of my functioning. From early morning, when I get up and prepare myself for classes, by traveling by train to Poznań, until the evening when I go to sleep and I have a few minutes to myself.

Listening to music helps me a lot when I'm in a bad mood, and switching on a favorite song immediately makes me smile. Also, when I find myself in stressful situations where I can't calm down, the songs make me feel better. It also soothe my anger when I'm so pissed off that I don't want to talk to anyone and listening to them takes me to another world where there is nothing but me and my melodies.


Even scientific research shows that our life without music would probably be shorter and less happy. They prove that it reduces stress and improves our health. Music also strengthens memory, assists the acquisition of knowledge and its subsequent reproduction. What's more, scientists advise us to reach for soft songs that inspire us with positivity. It is then easier for us to learn things that would normally create problems for us. I always choose the ones that put me in a good mood and give me energy to do my homework.

I used to love listening to Polish rap and rock. But since I fell in love with Spanish, my song list has changed dramatically. Living in Spain for several months and spending a lot of time with young people made me get used to reggaeton. For many older people it is considered a quite controversial type of music. Old generations mostly grew up on classical rhythms and reggaeton is something new and different for them.

I have many beloved Spanish-language performers, most of them come from South America- which is the corner of the world where reggaeton was created. One of the first artists I liked after hearing a few songs is Ozuna. This Puerto Rican Latin singer is regarded as the "New King of Reggaeton". His pieces are very positive and always make me feel better.


Another star I would like to mention is the irreplaceable Rosalía. She is a Spanish songwriter and singer who is known for modern interpretation of flamenco music. Thanks to her originality and ingenuity in the continuous creation of something new with every song she becomes more and more popular. Personally, I like her for her unique style and courage in composing things that have never happened before in the world of music.


There are many more of these artists on my list, I could enumerate them indefinitely, because every week I find out about the existence of someone new to me. I mentioned the most important one from which my adventure with reggaeton began and the person whom I admire the most for what creates. At the end I can reveal that I also like Maluma who will be performing in Poland in February. I'm planning to go to his show, so you can expect concert coverage. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#stayathome 🏡

Living with cats 🐱

45 RPM! 🎸